7.31.2007

Soup For Bridezillas


Definition: a bride-to-be who focuses so much on the event that she becomes difficult and obnoxious
Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.7)

I love attending weddings and my husband has a hard time understanding why so. In weddings, that’s when I get to wear pretty dresses, catch up with old friends and check out reception decorations.

There were some weddings that I took down notes and had wished I could do something similar for my own wedding. I had heard of the term Bridezilla from a friend, whom her herself was one, but I had never imagined myself to be so difficult and over meticulous on wedding preparations. My husband had actually bought me Soup for the Bride’s Soul” a year before our wedding! I had read about other brides stories and told myself to go easy on my own wedding.

Every girl (who wished to be married, that is) always has a mind on what they think is the wedding for themselves.. That is not the case for me. True, I had scoured magazines, from local, to foreign magazines, that I don’t comprehend the languages, to pull out wedding ideas, spent sleepless nights and working hours on internet for choosing themes, wedding dresses, invitations and others.

However, up to today, there are certain things that I wish I could change, such as, the wedding dress, flower bouquet, guest list
I just realized, months after the wedding, I may have just the perfect wedding for myself.

No comments: